This week I hiked Mckenzie Bight Trail. I found this trail looking on AllTrails. It was only a 20 minute drive and had a waterfall so it caught my eye. I really liked this hike. I found it a good level of difficulty for me. Going there was really easy as it was all downhill, but the way back up was very difficult. I had to take multiple breaks to catch my breath. It was also the perfect amount of time, about an hour for there in back. I liked how the trail led to a beach and had an amazing view, but did not like how you had to come back on the same trail. It was not a loop. Maybe there was another trail I could have taken back, but I did not see any clear trails and I did not want to get lost. Unlike many of the other hikes I did, I decided to not listen to music so that I could really take in the nature and the sounds around me. I was prompted to leave my AirPods at home because of the class we had a few weeks ago about nature and outdoor education. I think a big part of being outside and in the forest is to submerge yourself into nature and listening to music hinders that. I was dreading leaving my music behind, but honestly loved it. I was able to hear the wind, the birds, and even spot a woodpecker, as I followed the sounds I heard.

As we approach the end of the year, I am feeling quite stressed. We do not have many assignments left, but our practicum is starting soon, so I am beginning to feel nervous for that. This hike really helped me feel more calm and take my mind off of school. Sometimes it can be difficult to escape school and assignments and I find hiking always helps.

Here are some more pictures from the hike

(cute seal :)) (the amazing view of the ocean)