This week, my roommate and I hiked Mystic Beach. This is a hike that we had been talking about doing since we moved here in September but had never got around to doing it, as it is far away (1hr30mins). We were waiting for the perfect sunny day to do it, but then we realized that may be forever as we live in Victoria, so we planned to do it this past weekend, rain or shine, and of course, it was rain. Because of the rain, the hike was very muddy and we slipped many times. It took around 45 minutes to get to the beach and then 45 minutes back. By the time we got to the beach, we were drenched, so I did not mind taking my shoes off and going into the ocean a bit, as you can see from the picture above.

This was definitely my favorite hike we have done so far. Although the drive was quite long, especially on the way back, when I was soaking wet, it was worth it. The view was so pretty, even in the rainy cloudy weather. This is a hike I definitely want to do again in the future, maybe on a sunny day this time.

Here are some more pictures from the day.