This week I went home early for reading break. My two cousins who also go to UVIC came home with me as well, and we decided to go on a hike as soon as we arrived in Comox. We went with my dad, my sister, and my other cousin who lives at my house with my parents. The hike was very difficult, especially since there was so much snow. We only had two pairs of snow shows, so I did not get a pair, which made the hike even harder as I kept slipping and sliding. The hike took around 2 hours to do. My sister also decided that since there was snow, she wanted to ski down, so with some help, she carried up all her stuff: her skis, her boots, and her helmet. The hike was very secluded from the town. It was about a 40-minute drive and we had to go on logging roads. I really liked how far away it was, as this allowed me to really appreciate being surrounded by nature. This was probably my favourite hike I have done so far since starting my inquiry. Again, just with Nymph Falls, I had done this hike several times, but only in the summer, so it was neat to do it in the winter. The time of year makes such a big difference. I am now able to appreciate the beauty of this hike in both the summer and winter. I have a comparison of the hike in the different seasons below. Both are so pretty!

There is also a cabin in the woods along the hike. We did not stay in the cabin this time as it would have been really cold in the winter, but we have before. Below are a couple pictures from the cabin. It is quite small, but cozy, There is even a fireplace!

And lastly, I created a video of our hike, applying what we learned in class about editing a few weeks ago.