This week my roommate and I hiked Mt. Doug. We were not totally sure where we were going as this was our first time doing it. We began following one of the many trails, hoping it would lead to the top. The hike was very steep and pretty as it was enclosed by tall trees, however, we, unfortunately, did not make it to the top. About 15 minutes into the hike, my roommate remembered that she was injured and that she should be resting, so we decided to turn around. Although it was a quick 30 hike, and we did not even make it up, it was still nice to get out to enjoy nature. It has been getting really difficult to do stuff, like hiking, recently as school is getting harder and more demanding. Even though we did not make it to the top, hiking, we still decided to drive up to the top, so that we could see the beautiful view. The view was so pretty, you could see all of Victoria. We spent a lot of time at the top, identifying different places across the town, like our house, my work, the school, and different beaches.

Here are two pictures. One of the trail and one of the view at the top of the mountain, which we drove to.

Hopefully I am able to do more hiking when I go home for reading break next week 🙂